CodeRED (similar to Reverse 911), is the primary alert & warning system utilized in the City & County of Broomfield. The Broomfield Public Safety Communications Center can activate CodeRED in a specified area. Calls, texts or emails can simultaneously reach the specified community to deliver alerts/warnings and critical safety instructions.
Calls simultaneously reach the specified community to deliver warnings and critical safety instructions. The system has a call back feature that ensures the message is delivered. Traditional landline phones through companies such as CenturyLink and Comcast phone numbers are entered into the 9-1-1 database and dialed automatically. CodeRED® will not call a cell phone or VoIP system phone unless it has been registered. Cell phone and VoIP users residing in the City and County of Broomfield should register their phone number(s) at your911.net to ensure they receive emergency messages.
|Cell phone users should also download the app. This app connects with a GPS/Location tracker to ensure that you receive available CodeRED alerts as you travel outside of the City and County of Broomfield.
Register for CodeRED emergency alerts.
Download the free mobile app (available at the App Store and Google Play)
*Please keep in mind that if you move you must unregister your phone to discontinue the service for our area at your911.net.
- What Alert & Warning System is used in the City & County of Broomfield?
- What is CodeRED?
- Is there an app available?
- How do I register for CodeRED?
- Who should register for CodeRED?
- Why is CodeRED important and how will I benefit from this service?
- Can you register more than one phone and/or address?
- I have a CenturyLink landline, (or Comcast VoIP line.) Do I need to register my information?
- How many times will the system attempt to deliver a message?
- If I have solicitor block on my phone will I receive a message?
- What happens if my phone is busy when the system is trying to reach me?
- What should I do if I receive a CodeRED message?
- Where can I obtain information updates during an incident?
- Why didn’t I receive a message?
- How much time does it take to receive a CodeRED notification once it’s launched?
- Who uses the CodeRED system?
- Is there a cost to use CodeRED?
- I don’t have internet access, and would like to register my phone, what should I do?
- I am having problems updating and/or deleting my account/information, what should I do?
- What is the difference between an Emergency Notification, General Notification, and Severe Weather Notification?