Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD)
The Broomfield Cultural Council will look with favor on requests from organizations that receive less than half of their total funding from all SCFD sources in addition to evidence of responsible stewardship. Diversification of funding is critical.
All applicants need to thoroughly explain how the organization or project will benefit the City and County of Broomfield. Applicants also need to demonstrate and measure how they are reaching Broomfield citizens with their project/programs. Since the Cultural Council has new members each year, applicants should thoroughly explain the organization history and impact in Broomfield.
- Broomfield County Guidelines
- Interviews are required in Broomfield.
- Applicant organizations need to send a representative with a breadth of knowledge concerning the programming, finances, and organization's grant application. The interview directly affects funding decisions.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- Paper copies are no longer required.
- Revised applications, revised financials, and other required documents will not be accepted after the grant deadline.
- Letters of Intent are not required.
- General Operating Support and Special Project Scoring Matrix
- Broomfield County Deadline: Friday, March 29, 2019, 4 p.m.
- Broomfield County SCFD Funding Plan will be presented to City Council on July 9, 2019
- Presentation of SCFD check to City Council will be on October 8, 2019
- SCFD Check Ceremony will be on October 21, 2019, 6 p.m., Broomfield Auditorium
- Tier III information
- Discover other cultural / scientific organizations serving Broomfield.
- Broomfield Schools contact information
- Arts Education in Colorado: Guidebook and Resources ~ Colorado Department of Education
- 5 Hallmarks of Healthy Nonprofit organization
- 10 Indicators of Excellence for Funding Grant Applicants
- Rules to Run a 501(c)(3)