Broomfield Arts, Culture and Science (ACS) Funding Program
The Broomfield City Council authorizes funds in the City budget to support arts, culture and science programs offered to the community. The Broomfield Cultural Council (BCC) reviews grant applications and makes recommendations to the City Council. Funding decisions are based on benefits to the Broomfield community, consistent with the City’s cultural master plan, Creative Broomfield.
The Arts, Culture, and Science grant is specifically a programming grant. Total funding available for 2018 is $11,044.80.
- Innovative programs that address an unmet arts, science or cultural niche are encouraged.
- Preference is given to programs that are new, innovative or unique.
- Collaboration is strongly encouraged.
- Schools, libraries and nonprofits are encouraged to apply.
- Please limit grant applications to one program per applicant organization.
- An applicant organization is defined as a nonprofit organization, a government entity such as a school or library, or an organization that qualifies as a nonprofit organization or uses a fiscal sponsor to qualify.
- When using a fiscal sponsor/agent, the applicant organization should focus the application on their own program, organizational structure, and funding, and not that of the fiscal agent.
- Programs must be presented in Broomfield County.
- Resident organizations will receive priority consideration.
- Funding requests for general operations, capital campaigns, individuals, and trip or event sponsorships will not be considered due to limited ACS funding. Also note, that this is specifically a programming grant.
- Organizations that receive Broomfield SCFD Tier III funding are not eligible to receive Arts, Culture, and Science funding in the same year.
- The application is due by 4 p.m. on August 29, 2018.
- All program grant applications must be submitted to the City and County of Broomfield:
Cultural Affairs Division, 3 Community Park Road, Broomfield, CO 80020 or email to email@example.com
- To apply, please provide one hard copy (single-sided for scanning) or electronic application of a cover letter, summary pages, narrative, budget for the specific program, related support documentation and attachments. For further information, please review the grant outline.
- Late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Cultural Council will review and prepare a recommendation for funding to City Council on October 1, 2018.
- The Cultural Council recommendation will be presented to City Council on October 23, 2018.
- Grant checks will be awarded in December (pending receipt of signed applicant contract) for use in 2019.
- Previous grant recipients: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
- Click here to sign-up for email newsletter; Cultural Affairs - Interest in Arts, Culture, Science Grant
For questions about the suitability of a funding proposal or related information, please contact the Cultural Affairs Office at 303-464-5829 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final Program Summary Reports for 2017 grant recipients will be due on March 1, 2019
- Final Program Summary Reports for 2018 grant recipients will be due on March 1, 2020
- ACS Final Report Cover Sheet
- ACS Final Report Narrative Form
- Please attach all final report pages to the cover sheet and submit one hard copy application (single-sided for scanning) or email application by March 1 to the Cultural Affairs Division at the City and County of Broomfield, 3 Community Park Road, Broomfield CO, 80020 or email@example.com.
Creative Broomfield - Arts and Culture Master Plan
Broomfield County Cultural Council